20.9.17

The Slab..

The Tree Of Soles. Slab City CA. 2017

At least one moon, perhaps two, has passed since I last posted anything on this secret blog. 
Truth be told, the future has taken over, and now in this digital age platforms like Instagram have made an online presence, well, up for grabs to anyone who wants it..

Anyway a recent trip out to my old haunt, The Salton Sea, reignited my somewhat strange photographic affair. It's an area in a constant state of change, but the silence and solitude are always the same. 
I had not been to Slab City for a few years, but had forgotten just why. However my feelings of longing soon disminished when I entered the dusty arena of chaos. What I remembered as a community was now a jumble of junkyards and dirt people cut off from society. Maybe it was the heat, maybe it was skipping lunch, but a sinking feeling of dispair stayed with me as I left this God forsaken place and headed for Bombay Beach, a place which now seemed like heaven.... Well sort of..

No comments: