29.10.15

IF YOU'RE NOT PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY, HOW CAN ANYONE ELSE BE..


I always enjoying giving talks on my own personal practice, and none more so than in my hometown of Carlisle.
Having made a large portion of my work in and around the great border city will hopefully inspire the students to go out and do the same. So often is the case that we spend too much time looking for something to photograph, but fail to see what is right in front of us. This was certainly true for me as I only really started making photographs of local areas once I had left.

Upon arrival pasted on the window of my good friend and photographer Johnny Darwell's office, where the words;
 IF YOU'RE NOT PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY, HOW CAN ANYONE ELSE BE..
With this in mind I began to speak..

No comments: