21.9.10

Take a chance on me..

I think I'll have the hazel nut ice cream after this press conference, or may be chocolate. no I''l have both, and some raspberry sauce.

Over the years I have found the best way to get people interested in a project is to tell them about it, but don't show them any images. Not only does it send people a bit nutty, it creates a belief that the images will be absolutely fantastico. Of course this always leaves room for a huge anti-climax if the project itself is a pile of old boots. But why would you tell people if you didn't believe in it and think it was, well, very good..
This technique works in any field, not just photography and I do delight in such endeavours.

I think its often the case that galleries and agents tend to take people on either if they are very well established, which is only natural, or like me, and many others, there might be a slim chance that you may suddenly become exceedingly popular and everyone wants a piece of you. This is especially true with galleries but it just doesn't work that way and I personally find that kind of behaviour a bit of an insult.

I seem to have gone off on one so will end with a classic quote;

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.
Larry David

No comments: