13.4.10



I picked up the new monthly sized BJP the other day as it was a special on Landscapes and the kind of work which is right up my street. Although a little sceptical at the Journals new format (and price for that matter) I was not disappointed, and its chock full of goodies. My only complaint is that so many of the images, although fabulously reproduced, are a little small in parts with most images being not much bigger than a 5/7" print. I could also go on and say that there could of been a lot more British Talent in there too, for instance my old chum Johnny Darwell got a mention from the Editor, but fails to don the pages of the magazine (they could of taken those awful tree pictures of Simon Norfolks out for instance).
I still remain sceptical though as I don't think the BJP will top this issue, at least not for me. Cant wait for the wedding issue.....
You can go here to see a bit on line, but its much better in print..

2 comments:

Ace said...

hey, This might seem a bit odd but I take photography at college and we have been asked to do an Artist research on a photographer/s we like, or who will influence are images e.c.t. but basically out of the people I chose to research was you.I was just wondering if you could answer a few questions about why you like photography, best place you've been,whatever you enjoy. e.c.t fairly basic stuff really,
I hope you don't mind, if you do that's totally cool,Thanks anyway. :)

marcus doyle said...

No problem, just send me an email of questions.