3.3.10

WHO'S THAT. ITS THE MAN IN THE HAT..

I was stood outside the gallery yesterday chatting away when along came a chap I once met at some agency portfolio event last year. I remember this because he was the only one there representing himself..

There he stood outside the gallery with a framed print under his arm (unwrapped) which was apparently for some rich banker who had just been given an almighty bonus which was just as well because the print was in what can only be described as 'one step up' from a clip frame.
I was re-introduced and mentioned that we had met previously. I was then told by the fella, who shall be known as The Man In The Hat, that he really needed a gallery because he sold in excess of £120,000 worth of prints last year. "They just started calling me up and coming round to my house to buy work.."
I then told him, if that was the case, he didn't need a gallery, he needed a good accountant.
Naturally as I was stood outside the gallery I invited him to the show next week and without even asking the date The Man In The Hat told me he could not because he had to plan his wedding.
Now I don't know about you, but I think someone may be expanding the truth a little. Oh, and by the way, he's called the Man In The Hat because know one knows his name....

No comments: