24.7.09

Tuff Titty..


Well the move is now over and everything is in its place. The negs are safe, Grandpas clock is ticking and the roses are pruned. I am still using someones wireless to conduct my business as the Sky man is having trouble getting a good signal here as I am surrounded by a forest of Chavs.. I was thinking of making the most of this free service by downloading some films or playing online poker, but my nights are sleepless enough without laying awake thinking I may need to wrestle some seven foot youth in a shell suit when he/she finds out I have been using their internet..

I have been working on the Urban Landscape as a photography project for some time and now find myself right in the middle of a monumental Urban Sprawl. This is something I am sure to photograph once my businesses are in order but have decided to go back to my old way of working (dusk/twilight, 5/4 film, long exposure etc) and stop concerning myself with what everyone else is doing. As much as the series is a big part of photography these days I have always been more about the single image relating to a larger body of work rather than several images with only slight differences.

I also plan to stop telling people what I am going to do in terms of projects and at least wait until the project is shot before I run around saying how brilliant its all going to be. This is bound to upset the Agents but thats just tuff titty. I have spent too long trying to please everyone else and I believe it has hindered me from producing work..


I had almost forgotten about the allotment project I had recently shot due to killing off a few brain cells from paint inhalation, but I was pleased to see the results are rather nice and fit in nicely with my Urban Landscape themes. Above are two of my favorites.

No comments: