26.5.09

MOSQUITOE BITTEN THOUGHTS..

After a long weekend of barbecues and sun burn and my giant apple like head attracting all the midges in the UK. I thought it time to reflect on what might have been.
When climbing through the ranks of photography over the years I would often come across the most amazing and spellbinding images. When I was at college about fifty years ago I was overwhelmed by the amount of fine imagery my college buddies were producing all of whom tended to be older than me with more life experience and maybe the odd grey hair. A lot of the students often complained that there was no worthy subject matter in Blackpool, when in fact there was oodles. But these people where never destined to succeed with that kind of attitude, of this I was certain. It was the people that used Blackpool in there subject matter and chose to look within their surroundings that came away with the most glorious images, be it documentary, landscape, or even still life. The sad thing is that these people are not the ones I hear about today. Somewhere along the way they either became lost, disheartened or simply wanted to make a decent living.
Everyday I ask myself the same question? Am I doing the right thing? Should I be pursuing my ambitions and passion? Is my love for photography enough to keep me going? Should I buy film or go to Tesco? My answer is always the same, No. But hey, I am not one of the sensible ones..

1 comment:

mark page said...

wise words from One numpty to another, and godbless for that!