23.2.09

Explosure...



I have mentioned the work of Tierney Gearon on here before as I used to work with her some years ago. Her recent exhibition in London was quite remarkable in that she has taken her work to somewhere very different but yet it remains very much the same. The content and her shooting technique remain, but with the edition of multiple exposures her work has been transformed into dreamlike scenarios which at first seem cluttered but on further inspection are really quite simple. I find them fascinating and believe this is due to the fact that I once knew Tierney and always thought of her mind as being in several places at once, something I think these images portray.
I would urge you to see these images in print form, but the show has been and gone in London. it is however gone down a storm in LA here.

No comments: