26.8.08

OUT AND ABOUT WITH MY 10/8 OUT...


I hate bank holidays, always have, always will. But its Tuesday now so back to business and what am I talking about....

For the past few weeks I have been venturing out into the Urban Sprawl of London in the evenings. Its the first time I have done anything like this for about seven or eight years when back in the day I took my Mamiya 7 everywhere I went. Things are quite different this time as I am using my almighty 15 kilos of 10/8. But the weight and sheer girth of my camera/portable TV is not the issue when shooting in the historical back streets of the great smoke, it is in fact the vast amounts of security in 21st century, otherwise known as paranoia. Hand car wash's, recycle bins, pedestrian crossings, ice cream vans (not a joke), open sports grounds, parks etc, etc.. I must have appeared on more CCTV screens than a bank robbing Hoodie.. But lets face it, I never trespass, I am as inconspicuous as Mr Blobby with my huge camera and sometime luminous vest, and above all, I produce lovely pictures. So far I have stuck to the Outer Limits (working title of project) of London and would love nothing more than to stroll down to the Thames and do my own take on London's finest tourist spots. But how long would it take to get stopped in my tracks. This is not what I would expect from a free country my friends, but we all know this is what would happen.... But, maybe I will take my chances. Watch this space...

No comments: