2.7.08

Something a little different...




Early on in my photography during my black and white nude studies, or should I say 'nude faze', there was one photographer who probably influenced me the most. Arno Rafael Minnkkinen's work was, and still is remarkable. What struck me the most, and still does, was the amount of sheer effort that went into the work. Maybe its just as well that they are all 'self portraits' I mean who would hold there body under water while fighting the current (see above), or bury themselves in snow for the sake of someone else's artistic vision.
I do find the early work of Minnkkinen (70's) the most interesting and I think its fair to say that its the most abstract in content within his body of work.

I would earge you to check out the work of this fine artist here.

No comments: