28.7.08

Seesaw....








I have really been enjoying Seesaw (website coming soon) is a online magazine which never fails to disappoint in terms of content and fine writing. This months issue is particularly interesting. The work of Iveta Vaivode is marvelously executed project and well worth a look, but my favorite body of work is from Liam Eyers and his Little Chef series. Nothing romantic about these images and whether intentional or not I do see an American influence in his work technique (Sternfeld, Soth etc.) which works really well with his subject matter. I have done a few images of Little Chefs as I just find them fascinating but at the same time quite vile. The foods bad, the decor is bad and its about as American as beans on toast or a fish finger sandwich.



1 comment:

photoman007 said...

Thanks for the kind words :-)