1.7.08

Look at the size of that...

For those of you that don't know (well you should..) one of my top photographers happens to be Joel Meyerorwitz. I love his landscape work and the sound of his voice, however I shaved my hair off before he did (in case you think I want to be like him), I am also a bit more robust looking..

I found this very interesting piece on the You Tube regarding large format printing.
Now my friends I would like to think that an inject printer 'would' make prints that last 200 years as Meyerowitz's claims (I guess he has to if he is advertising the product) but I think this may be a little optimistic... I would love nothing more that one of those big fat printers in my office/work space/spare room. I just need some kind of proof (as do my clients) that the prints would last longer than a few years (how do they test it anyway, shine a torch on it for a month) The C Type print process has been around since the 70's (a little faded I know) This new HP printer and its fancy inks has been around a few weeks...
Besides this there is the cost of the inks (twelve in all) which along with the paper cost is more than I pay for the trusty 'C Type'. However If I was to be given one of these 'wide ass' printers I will tell you what ever you want to hear.....

Is this is Doyle stirring up trouble..?

Long live the 'c Type'

No comments: