13.6.08

Shot Of The Week..


As I have been printing up work all week I thought it would be nice to include one of my own shots. Above is an image I made a few years ago in my hometown and is part of my Urban Sport series. I was recovering from back surgery at the time and this was the first photograph I made after spending six months in a flowery room lying on my back. I should point out that in this time I produced what I believe to be some of my best work to date (work that one out Doc.) What I like most about this particular image are the small details like the tennis racket in the window. But its the lighting from the tennis court that makes the shot.

Its always nice to print up an image to a bigger size which is something I only do for exhibiting or if I have sold that particular image (to print up all my work would take months and cost a fortune). Because all my work is shot on large format the work really comes to life in a bigger size and you can pick out lots of details you never knew where there. They are also a joy to print as a larger neg holds more detail, has less contrast, better colour saturation, and never needs too much work. Thats enough of the technical for now, I will just leave you with a reminder to check my website as I have added a few new shots......

Thank Crunchy its Friday...

No comments: