3.4.08

Three Brit Nicks..



I have decided to cheat a little today and list three British photographers all called Nick, but all relevent for different reasons. The first is Nick Knight A big influence to me and every other college student of the early nineties no doubt. What I loved about his work were the new (new at the time) techniques never seen before and no one knew just how he did it, the colours, the contrast, remember this was long before photo shop.. I should point out that I did discover a lot of his secrets later on from printer to printer, assistants etc but thats all I will say there....

Second is Nick Clements. Although not a fan of fashion photography, I do like his style. I printed for Nick in the early days and he was a pleasure to deal with. Always happy to leave the printing up to the printer....What I found the most fasinating was that he only ever did a single frame per set up. There where no huge edits and countless rolls of film...

Third finally is Nick Meek I simply love the simplicity of his work. Whats great about it is that it blends 'Art Photography' with 'Commercial Photography' exceedingly well which I think is rare these days. Above are a few of Nick Meek's images.

No comments: