17.4.08

Ahhh, There it is.....


Every so often I come across an image that has lay dormant for some time, years in some cases and usually in the form of a negative that hasn't been proofed. All alone in a dark box somewhere, forgotten and rejected waiting to see the light and become covered in greasy finger prints...
There are many reasons why this might happen, the lost and found scenario (not too common thankfully) is the most obvious, but with me its usually because I have simply forgotten I ever took the picture in the first place. The image above is a great example of what I am talking about. Not only did I forget about it as a negative, it lay un-processed in a box for over a year. Of course there is a very good reason for this. When I was mid exposure the fellow that owned the car (big, hairy and a little mean) got in the car and drove off leaving me looking at an empty parking space. The exposure was only a fraction of what I would normally do, so I didn't think it would be any good so I just wrote it off...
It was actually six years before I got round to printing this one and I have to say I rather like it. You can even see the headlight beam which is a nice touch and one of those 'if you took the same shot again it would be different' kind of things. I also like the mis spelling of Billiards, or maybe thats the American way like with COLOUR....

No comments: